Sunday, November 21, 2021

Lori Wall-Holloway

Refrain


It is a time of lockdown

when false beliefs

and rants arise

I feel my anger climb

when social media posts 

with cruel attacks towards 

others jump at me from 

the computer screen


My decision to speak

out and voice 

an opinion opposite 

of what another believes 

is quickly condemned

I cry out “Fools!”

but choose not to engage 

in a Facebook war


Instead, I calm myself 

and take solace 

in the wisdom 

of my Bible

where I happen 

to turn to Proverbs 26


I take a deep breath 

and resolve to refrain 

from expressing my views

electing to write 

in such a way 

people may listen  


No comments:

Post a Comment

G T Foster

The Media Trust Franklin, Pulitzer, Hearst  Chandler, Young, Nolan Lester, Knight and Murdoch Keepers of the gate News to blind-side Unfit t...