Sunday, November 21, 2021

Coco


Hurricane Lantern


My therapist asked me today;

on a scale of 1 to murder where did I stand?


Because I wanted to watch my kids

walk across stage and graduate high school –


Little Matryoshka could stay nestled

safe within her privilege


A few key stokes is all it would

take to find her


Her social media would tell me

all I need to know about her nestled dolls


Who are her friends, names of her family,

what kind of interest and hobbies she has


Scrolling intently, making diligent

mental notes of familiar places around town


A sneer curls my lip as my brow furrows

above my manic eyes…I chuckle


Everyone puts their trust in Social Media!

Living that Instagram life! Click, click post!


How many dolls does she have tucked away?

My homicidal tendencies flicker like a lamplight


Dancing behind the glass; I am an elegant flame –

as the kerosene of collective trauma swishes below


Should her nestled dolls dance to close to me

My broken glass flame will turn them all to dust


In Social Media We Trust


We pledge allegiance to our phones 

that keep us fused together


And to the Republic for which we

pay


One Nation Under Google, 

Facebook too, with Twitter, Tic Tok,

Instagram and Snapchat Filters for all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

G T Foster

The Media Trust Franklin, Pulitzer, Hearst  Chandler, Young, Nolan Lester, Knight and Murdoch Keepers of the gate News to blind-side Unfit t...