Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Jackie Chou

I Thought You Wanted a Friend


Doctor in a lab coat

Sometimes you pose by a boat

In a silver leisure suit

Except it isn’t really you 

But an identity you stole

The world is rotten, I’m told

So what could you want from me?

I know I’m no beauty

What’s behind all the glam?

Nothing but a shameless scam



Emoji


The more I think about it

the less I trust you


My heart squeezed

like a lemon in a fist

juice seeping into 

every well-thought-out rant


Yet all you can give me

is your pondering

pensive contemplation

brows knitted

lips downturned  


No love or like

Not even a laugh-out-loud

But a judging gaze

chin-rubbing fingers 


I want your tears

dark glasses over swollen eyes

some red devil horns maybe

just not the interrogation

of a thinking face

No comments:

Post a Comment

G T Foster

The Media Trust Franklin, Pulitzer, Hearst  Chandler, Young, Nolan Lester, Knight and Murdoch Keepers of the gate News to blind-side Unfit t...